Monday, April 4, 2011

My Apple Tree - Lin Frye

My Apple Tree by linfrye
My Apple Tree, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

I am thrilled beyond measure that so many of my blossoms have survived the last blast of rain, wind and below freezing temps - including those of my apple tree. Though we got only a few fruits from this particular tree, the large deer populations in my neighborhood seemed to be the beneficiaries of 'the fruits of my labor!' lol

Still, there is something so breathtaking to arrive home after a long week of work and find bright pink blossoms on these gnarly trees.

My workweek is wonky this month with odd days off, some weekend work, and quite a number of late nights ... still, the sun is shining, we're due for another warm-up, and the flowers are cheerful ...

Enjoy!

Lin Frye
North Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.