Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Daisies in the rain - Maree

There is a flower, a little flower
With silver crest and golden eye,
That welcomes every changing hour,
And weathers every sky.
Author: James Montgomery



When it's freezing outside and threatening to rain any minute, and I can't make a field trip to do some sketching, I always turn to my garden for inspiration. Even under the most dismal conditions there is always something to be found - some flower left-overs, a few Autumn leaves clinging to a branch or the birds and insects who seem to cheerily carry on, no matter what the weather.

6 comments:

  1. You capture the beauty in such few strokes how I wish I could do this also. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your inspiring words Ralph! I did do some sketching here and than used Friskit (masking fluid) on the petals to blank them out so the back-ground colour can go on with a few strokes, a bit of contrast behind the petals and then a bit of colour on the petals - there you have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Maree, I just LOVE these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maree, I love your sketches and paintings. I am inspired to get back to doing some art. I think I will start by sitting and looking at my flowers and make some simple sketches. Thank you for being here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jackie, and I'm glad you're inspired! It would be wonderful if you could do sketching and painting again, maybe you could even incorporate it in your embroidery blog!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.