Monday, May 10, 2010

Cactus Monday - Blooming Saguaro - Teri Casper

Just before we left Arizona this tall Saguaro cactus was blooming in my neighbor's yard. As we drove by I made DH stop so I could take a photo because I knew I wanted to paint it. The Saguaro's usually bloom after we leave so this was exciting.
I used watercolor for everything but the white flowers and buds. I used gouache for them. I like the way the sun seems to be shining so bright on this cactus.
And it feels good to be painting again.
This is painting #50 in my '100 Paintings Challenge' WHOOHOO!!

Happy Cactus Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the little flowers at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool cactus Monday painting! So glad you took the time to photograph it. So where do you go when you leave Arizona?

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.