Sunday, August 23, 2015

Oregon Smokiness

This is what my Oregon looks like right now -- smoky.  In many ways it is quite beautiful.  Yesterday we were driving along the edge of the Coquille Valley, a lush flat valley usually bordered with a series of rolling hills.  Only yesterday the hills disappeared into a smoky haze and all colors were dulled.  A crow flew near me, his blackness a stark contrast to everything beyond.  I painted most of this in the car while my husband continued driving.  I admit it didn't try to paint the crow until we were home.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice job of capturing the feeling of the atmosphere here right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you keep safe where you are Elva, thanks for this insight into the terrible fires over there and your wonderful sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful and sobering, Elva. May Mother Nature send rain soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful landscape! You captured the smoky hazy atmosphere wonderfully. I live in Carlton, Oregon and we have been socked in with the smoke from the Eastern and Southern Oregon fires and the fire over by Willamina.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.