Tuesday, June 24, 2014

O is for Olive Trees - Lin Frye






Watercolor Journal
ABC Journal

As an outgrowth of my watercolor class I've taught this month, we all started watercolor journals to write about and sketch our heirlooms, favorite things, memories of trips, and the like. I decided to do an "ABC" journal of my favorite things and heirlooms. I'll be posting some of those pages over the next week or so.

Here, the "O" is for olive trees .. I fell in love with their aging trunks and gnarled branches while I was in Italy ... Still dream of those wonderful old trees and their stories they hold in their trunks......


Lin Frye
North Carolina

3 comments:

  1. A lovely idea for a journal, one I might adopt myself and as always wonderful work from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for an organizing theme, Lin! And a lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a neat idea. I could see doing different themes with that structure, kind of fun. Especially with those handmade meander books, which I've also thought of using as a calendar, one a day.....

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.