Saturday, January 12, 2013

Soaking Wet and Annoyed

Oh so wet!  Rain drips off his beak off his feathers, off the mossy branch and off the twigs.  He (a sharp-shinned hawk) is perched in our front yard, hoping to catch sight of a meal.  All the lucky birds have disappeared.

This shape-shinned hawk was a regular visitor to my yard in December.  Sometimes I sketched him though the front window, and sometimes I eased the bathroom window open and could sketch without any glass between us.  I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks .... good for my yard birds.
He reminds me of an owl .... lots of head bobbing when he is hunting.  Such a treat to be so close to a relaxed, wild hawk.

8 comments:

  1. Elva! What a wonderful opportunity...you really caught the shapes and attitude. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great sketches!
    your observation skills are running. high

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. Love the colors and the sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I saw one today who looked just as you pictured. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Elva. I actually thought it was Kate's work until I saw your name. So well done! And how lucky you were to have him so close and convenient for sketching.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.