Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Day at the Shed





I had the chance for a day of watching our feeder birds and trying to capture them as quickly as possible.  I added color mostly from memory, except checking on our little house finches--I would have forgotten that reddish rump!

We have 11 feeders plus what I throw on the ground out the front of the shed,  and 5 more behind it, so we get a wonderful population of birds.

A very satisfying way to start the year...and yes, following Sandro's and Paula's bird sketches felt quite bold!

7 comments:

  1. Love those Jays! They are kind of bullies but they make up for it by being so pretty. And so big after watching all the finches and sparrows! Lovely drawings (we are bold, aren't we?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Kate, what an excellent way to start the new year! Lovely to see al the different birds visiting your feeders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous, and what a wonderful way to start the year!!Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the words around the edge.Beautiful page and so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, all. I spend a lot of time out there sketching the birds and mammals. Again today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. kate,
    thank you for inviting me to Sketching in Nature.And congradulations on your new award.I hope to be posting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Jared, we'll be looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.