Tuesday, September 18, 2012

First Wid Mushroom

First Wid Mushroom by Teri DC
First Wid Mushroom, a photo by Teri DC on Flickr.
A little bit of rain produced the first mushroom of the season in our woods and DH found it! I put it in an omelet for lunch. So good.

He knows which wild mushrooms are safe to eat but please don't try it if you don't know. Some wild mushrooms are very poisonous!  But they sure are fun to paint.


  1. Most mushrooms that have rings are poisonous. This one, as seen on the beautiful sketch, has none and so will indeed be perfect for an omelet :) I love the deep yellow color with some blue accent on top :)

  2. It looks as though it might be a boletus. Wonderful painting, but I agree with Teri. You have to know your mushrooms before you start eating them.

  3. The mushroom is so cute, beautiful painting!


We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.