Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fall Physallis - HAPPY FIRST DAY OF FALL!

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

The leaves are turning, the skies clearing and the temperatures are moving back to reasonable temperatures. Pumpkins and gourds are appearing everywhere I look ... and now, more than ever, is the season for berries.

I find berries on the hollies, on the dogwood, on the winterberry shrub, viburnum, elderberry, and wrapped in casings like this physallis ... and I love to see each of them.

Somehow apples taste better in the fall than any other time, and I look forward to their sweet crunch. And now, with cooler evenings, a hot cup of tea really makes everything cozy.

Here's to fall and harvests and apple and pumpkin pies! To oranges and golds and crimson! Let the color kaleidescope begin!

Lin Frye
North Carolina

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your colors glow ... very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin I couldn't agree more about this season. And your physalis is lovely. Happy Fall to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one of my mother's and mine favorite plant. You did such a wonderful job painting and sketching the Chinese lanterns. I just love them. Glad I was browsing. I'm not sure if I had seen these before but I'm so glad I'm seeing them again

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.