Thursday, July 19, 2012

A 'crash' and enjoying the scenery - Maree

“Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.” 
- Eddie Cantor 


Well, I've had the biggest 'crash' in history (and I know Kate has been through something similar?) - Windows crashed on my MAC and as I had not done a back-up on my Seagate removable back-up disc for about a month, I lost quite a bit of information. So I've been MIA for a while, trying to sort it all out. 

I don't often work on the MAC side of my computer, was so used to MS Windows XP and it had some programs which I used often which was not available from Apple. So I re-installed Windows, but couldn't install any programs because I needed the program drivers to install internet connectivity, and I couldn't connect to the internet to down-load the drivers because I didn't have the drivers to install internet connectivity! Does that make sense?! 

Anyway, the outcome was that I was forced to start working in MAC and oh my word! I am totally hooked! I was able to find some similar programs I so much loved on Windows from Apple, installed those and after a couple of hiccups, I'm up and away. 

This is the dam at Spring Farm and is always full and I've often wondered where the water comes from. Yesterday I was told there's a natural spring further up on the property that has been slowly running at the same, unchanged pace for years. This is also the place where I often sit and watch the cattle and do some quick sketches - there's always something new to discover. 

::
 

10 comments:

  1. Incredible painting you've shared! Sorry about your crash, but glad it's led you to more fun :).
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle! It certainly is a joyride, something new to experience!

      Delete
  2. Lovely sketch, Maree. Sorry about the computer problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely, fresh sketch. And I'm hooked on Mac, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the problems, Maree, but glad that the MAC is turning out to be such a help. I know nothing about them but my family and extended family adore them. Lovely lovely sketch.
    annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a totally different experience Annie, everything is different or the opposite way around from Windows! Glad you like the sketch, thanks!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Maree. Stunning is a better word.

    I have had a Mac (and iPad) for quite a few years and totally love them. I think back to Microsoft and can't even imagine what like was like then. Happy days to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely words Teri! There are still some things I miss about Microsoft, but I suppose I'll get over that! lol!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.