Friday, May 11, 2012

Buggy about Bugs: My First Post

I love to closely examine natural forms. Nature objects, picked up on walks, are scattered about my house. Sometimes I'm moved to draw them. I have followed and admired this blog for quite awhile, enjoying what other nature lover/artists focus on. I am excited to have the opportunity to share my apropos work here.  I post all my work, as it comes forth, here.

I found this bit of wasp nest on a trail that borders the Cedar River, not too far from my house, in Cedar Falls, Iowa, USA.  It prompted this drawing, done in a collaborative sketchbook for  moly_x_international. It's in Masha Kirikova's, theme book, Those Who Live. Masha (from Moscow) is also a contributor to this blog.

pencil and colored pencil in a Japanese-fold Moleskine

In my basement, I found an old collection of insects my daughter had put in a shadowbox for a junior high school science project. (She's now in her 20s!). It was fascinating to examine what specimens were still intact and to draw them.

watercolor and pencil in pocket-size watercolor Moleskine


7 comments:

  1. Hi Marcia, These are gorgious!!! I love them! Keep doing! :) Cili

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wasp nest is a WOW. Exceptional.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is marvelous, Marcia, they're quite wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your drawings, Marcia, and look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the generous and warm welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Marcia! Compliment for your field work!!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.