Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Artemis Fowl - Maree

Though quite intent in his pursuit
He has a merry tune to toot
He knows a song
Will move the job along
- From "A spoonful of Sugar", Mary Poppins



Artemis trying to entice Kiep to come and have a snack - he's discovered a few stray mealie pips and after much clucking and coaxing, she did eventually condescend to pick up a few!

My chickens are fully grown now, supplying me with gorgeous, free-range eggs and hours of pleasure watching their antics in the garden!

4 comments:

  1. What a handsome lad - gorgeous tail. I love watching chicken antics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's beautiful Maree! And you've captured his sassyness (is that a word?). I used to love gathering the eggs from my grandmother's chickens and always wished I could raise some. Alas, they're considered livestock and not allowed in the city where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot Kathryn! Yes, it's great having them in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Paula! Yes, his sassyness is wonderful! Smile! (I've added 'sassyness' to my dictionary!) What a pity that they're not allowed in the city, but quite understandable. I don't think many city slickers will appreciate the wake-up calls at 4am every morning!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.