Monday, November 7, 2011

Singing the song of Fall-Desiree

We had a plein air painting event and it was raining. I arrived early and I was waiting in my car for some of the other artists to arrive. The rain refused to stop so as I sat in my car I couldn't help but notice how beautiful the surrounding brush was. The whole mountain side took on a burnt sienna glow with pockets of wonderful colors and textures. Here is my painting from the inside of my car, the process went something like this. Windshield wipers,defroster, paint some, windshield wipers, defroster, heater, paint some more, repeat! I did this for some time but with paint not drying and the rain not letting up I decided enough was enough!

7 comments:

  1. I like it! Nice to have paint actually stay wet sometimes--but I get that the experience was somewhat frustrating :) But you have to feel good about this fresh watercolor--makes me feel that I'm there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desiree, you might have invented a new technique- painting in a sauna!:)But the result is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your conditions may not have been ideal, but what a lovely job of catching the rich colors the wetness brings out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I am still sniffling! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty Desiree. The colors are quite delicious.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.