Friday, June 24, 2011

Tree from the Greensprings Trail by Linda C. Miller

Graphite Drawing
140lb Hot Press Arches Watercolor Paper
Copyright LC Miller, 2011


Here is one of my favorite trees on The Greensprings Trail, an outstanding Virginia Birding and Wildlife Trail that I walk as often as I can.  I am beginning a study of trees for I have been commissioned to paint a landscape from the Colonial Parkway and its trees.   And the best way for me to get to know my subject matter is to sit and look, sit and draw, sit and look and sit and draw!  I just wish there were no tick or chiggers.  Those guys (can't be the girls) just love me.


Happy Sketching, Linda

Linda C. Miller  Williamsburg, Virginia
Artist, Naturalist and Instructor


Botanical Artist in Residence, The Elizabethan Gardens

6 comments:

  1. stunning drawing,love trees too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real beauty, Linda. Can't think of a better way to get to know trees or any subject. Ticks and chiggers plague me, too. I'm getting so I prefer chiggers as I can stop the itching fairly guick by swabbing the bite with a cotton ball sprayed with Clorox Clean-up cleaner with bleach. Tick bites itch me for months and then there's always the worry of Lyme Disease......Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely glimpse of a remarkable tree! Trees and leaves are of one of my favorite things to sketch and paint. Looking forward to seeing your final landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful subject - beautiful drawing! You've captured the textures and solid masses so effortlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone.....I think I will be doing more tree this year. This was so much fun! Linda

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.