Thursday, May 12, 2011

Love in a Mist and Evening Primrose - Lin Frye

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

From the window of my friend's home, her pink Evening Primroses bob and sway in the gentle night air. In my own garden, 90 miles away, my Nigella (Love in a Mist) are blooming ... I sat at her table last night and through the 'magic' of the brush, brought the two together - for a garden view of my own.

Today we head out with our volunteers for a 'than you' trip to a popular plant nursery and a divine!!! tea house for lunch ....

We've got overcast skies and poor air quality due to a large wildfire on our coast -- but we gardeners remain UNDAUNTED -- and will do what we need to do to find new plants!! LOL

Hope your day is great!

Lin Frye
North Carolina

1 comment:

  1. It's certainly Love in a MIST today! I don't smell the smoke here, but I do see overcast, dripping skies ;D. Your sketch is so lovely, so expressive of a soft, cold spring day.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.