Monday, February 7, 2011

Cypress cone ~ Sigrid Frensen

Now that all paintings are finished for the SBA show in London (I framed them yesterday), I wanted to draw something small. And with pencil! After all this time working with the small brushes and watercolours I just had to do a pencil drawing. On my desk I found a small Cypress cone. I found it in Italy last year.
In a few hours I made this small drawing in my sketchbook. I love drawing pine cones and this one was nice too. I think it's because I can go really black in the shadows. I also love the shape of these cones. Anyway, here it is:

Mediterranean Cypress Cone

The drawing is 3,5 x 6 cm.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I can really 'feel' the woody weight of the pine cone with the texture and light. I bet it felt great to use the pencil after all of that painting!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has wonderful depth and texture, Sigrid.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.