Sunday, January 2, 2011

Let me introduce myself...Concetta Flore


Hi everybody,
my name is Concetta Flore,  I'm a nature artist in my late 40s, and live in Rome, Italy, with my husband Fabio, and my dog Amélie.
A few days ago I posted a lichen as a first post on this exciting blog.
I wish to thank Cathy for inviting me to this experience and congrats to everyone for the splendid works I've seen!

I have always been deeply in touch with nature, from creepy-crawlies to gigantic trees, woods, lanscapes, and waters. Nature has always had something to tell me and has been a focus for my work as an illustrator.
I sketch whenever I can, preferably in company of artist friends. My sketches are often untidy and I like putting the finishing touches back home. I have recently acquired a good telescope, and will use it as soon as possible (wildlife in Italy is very wary and its difficult to get near to it).

I am concerned with conservational issues, and try to keep my environmental footprint as light as possible, as well as supporting WWF and Greenpeace. I believe we sensitive people and artists should constantly work to spread consciousness of the fragility of Nature in this difficult century.

The picture above was taken at the First meeting of nature artists in Italy. I was part of the organization and it was a great success, an encouragement for all of us to improve and learn more from others.

As an illustrator, I mainly work on environmental issues , while as a painter I have been focusing on beauty in animal shapes, colours and lines. But I feel I have to move on...

I wish everybody, and Nature, a very positive 2011!

7 comments:

  1. Concetta,

    So nice to "meet" you. I visit this site often and look forward to viewing your work. You, and those like you, are such an inspiration!

    Beth
    http://www.beaksandbranch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Concetta. Looking forward to seeing your work. As Beth says, we find artists like you a great inspiration.

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Concetta,
    Thanks for introducing yourself. It is nice to "meet" you here.
    Born in Europe, I presently live "off grid" in the mountains of Colorado, and as a nature lover, I am also deeply concerned with environmental issues.
    I am very much looking forward to seeing your work and your involvment on this site ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're delighted to have you here, Concetta! Looking forward to seeing much more of your work in 2011...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to meet you, Concetta! Loved your lichen and look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Concetta, great to have a new member and looking forward to seeing your work! and a Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all very much for greeting me so warmly in the Naturesketchers family!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.