Wednesday, November 3, 2010

That dam on Spring Farm again! - Maree

“If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.”
- Kahlil Gibran



Another perspective of the dam on Spring Farm that I sketched on the 6th May when I took the short-cut to do some grocery shopping, this time I did the opposite bank on my way back. I got a bit heavy-handed with the watercolour pencils, but I wanted to capture the late-afternoon shadows as the sun was heading for the mountains. This little 'secret' place of mine is so peaceful with only the cows grazing as companions and never a soul in sight. I am, however, very aware and careful and ready to lock my car's doors at any sign of something amiss. Lol! Sign of the times we're living in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.