Friday, May 7, 2010

Another view of the dam - Maree

Will Kitchen once put it this way:
"The reason I like working outdoors is that you get to live your life while you are painting it."



Another view of the dam on Spring Farm - yesterday I took a drive to Magaliesburg to do some grocery shopping, choosing to take the gravel road short-cut again, but this time with the intention of stopping and doing another couple of sketches in my "Keeping an Artist's Journal" which I used during Kate's on-line class. I drove around the dam and chose a couple of locations, mostly sketching from the car, with the door open. This is done with my Derwent watercolour pencils.

2 comments:

  1. Really like this, its almost like you could be there yourself, you've captured the atmosphere of it really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you PaintnPencil - love the abstract oils on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.