Friday, May 7, 2010

Oxford Yellow Fields and Grey Barn - Lin Frye

10" x 14"
Arches #140CP

Though the gardener in me cringes at fields of 'weeds,' the artist in me delights in the wonderful blanket of color they make, especially when set against rural barns and fences. I must have taken 20 photos of this single barn last week - the sun just right, the field painted in yellow, white and turquoise. We've begun hanging all the Oxford barn paintings on one wall in our living room .. it's like looking out our own windows to see the neighbors!

We had one heck of a freak storm last night. Quarter inch hail, winds that bent trees and made the cats run in terror, pounding rain --- all for less than 30 minutes! I'm grateful for the rain, though, which means I can cross off 'water plants' from my chore list today. I'll have to survey the damage once the sun gets up.

Hope you have a great day!

Lin Frye
North Carolina

2 comments:

  1. The grey barn looks stunning against the yellow fields Lin - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely scene. You have really captured a feeling of depth. I want to learn how to paint a scene like this.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.