Monday, November 30, 2009

Florida - A view of the Gulf - Lin Frye

9" x 12"
Arches 140# CP
Florida

The only chance we had of taking any photos during our visit was Thanksgiving morning when my sister and I went for a long walk/run -- I walked -- she ran! LOL Like every day we were there, it was grey, rainy and overcast, so all my photos that I plan to use for sketch material need quite a bit of imagination to bring in some sunlight. This scene was taken walking from my mom's apartment to a local park along the Gulf. It rained soon afterwards.

I used a credit card scrapping technique to etch out the rocks and am continuing my experiments with larger brushes. It's been fun!

It's back to work today for two long weeks of winding up the semester and holiday preparations. It'll certainly be busy. But we had a very restive weekend -- much needed and for which we're ever so grateful. We even got a few rhododendrons planted! We're in for some rain this week, but today promises to be sunny and mild.

I hope your day is great!

Lin Frye
North Carolina

5 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous Lin! LOVE the trees and also the credit card work - very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely use of light and water, too! Beautiful painting, Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this peaceful painting. The rocks look great and I'm in love with the delicate way you have rendered the grasses.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.