Monday, October 12, 2009

Cottage Rose - Maree Clarkson

Being in nature and allowing ourselves to absorb both its gentle beauty and fierce power is a healing act. We do not have to travel far to open ourselves to this gift.

- Unknown


My sketch for today...


"Cottage Rose" watercolour in Visual 140gsm sketch pad

I did this sketch of a rose in my garden in a new sketch book - Visual 140gsm watercolour paper - it's so thin, it just sucks up the paint and won't flow at all and once you've made a mistake, that's it, can't be fixed. Like the muddy leaf top right-hand corner - I promised myself I won't be using it again except for pencil sketches.

6 comments:

  1. Maree, I ran into some paper like that yesterday, how frustrating! But it doesn't show in your painting, it has a lovely softness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate, and the paper does seem to give that effect, but one can only make one stroke with the brush, and it better be right!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.