Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wine Bottles and Flowers LaRomita

Travel Sketchbook
Plein Air
La Romita, Terni, Italy

I had to try to capture that magnificent courtyard garden at La Romita!! The view of these flowers and garden structures were captivating!! I sketched this plein air while sitting in the courtyard and painted it plein air with finishing touches in the studio. It's a little lighter in person than scanned.

I just LOVE those old wine bottles!!! I believe they were specially made for La Romita.

Charles and I went to a small jazz festival yesterday. Oxford has built an amphitheatre at its new athletic park, and we spent several hours there yesterday walking the incredibly well-maintained trails, listening to music and enjoying the coolness of an overcast day. Mighty relaxing!

Lin Frye
North Carolina

2 comments:

  1. Those wine bottles are gorgeous, Miss Lin...they look so THERE. I could almost pick one up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they remind me of those glass floats one used to find washed up on the beaches.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.