Monday, June 22, 2009

Honeybells project

The last couple of days I've worked hard on my big Nectaroscordum drawing. Three of the flowerheads are now, more or less, finished. It's difficult and hard work. I made some photos again to show you what it looks like now. First the entire sheet:

More progress...

You can see that the right flower is now finished. I've started to draw the buds on the left too. And they are also nearly done. The third is now work in progress and I hope, at the end of the week to start with the last flower. I'm not sure about the placement of the stems but there is nothing I can do about that now....

The first two are finished too...


  1. Sigrid, This is fantastic. I like to see pieces in progress. Just wonderful.

  2. I am enjoying the process you go through with this lovely, detailed botanical, Sigrid. There is a special talent for creating these botanical paintings and you have it!

  3. Like magic- these plant portraits seem to materialize on the page! Remarkable skill!


We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.