Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Courtyard La Romita


Courtyard La Romita
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Travel Journal
Plein Air
La Romita, Italy

So you see, it was very very difficult to concentrate on painting with so many friends coming to visit, so many sights to see, so much to do, so many gelatos to eat, so many photos to shoot...... sigh! LOL

This watercolor was done the last day we were at La Romita. So many of us sat in that wonderful Courtyard and painted the flowers and pots that we saw daily.

I saw many of these olive jars when I was in Sicily four years ago - and my sketches of them then (just prior to picking up a pencil to finally begin the process of learning how to draw!), are so funny ....! So I was glad to redeem myself with a better (not great) attempt at another olive jar! LOL As I was sketching, Karlyn asked me if I was going to include our ubiquitous laundy -- so there it is in all its muted glory! LOL

Our trip is winding down by now, and I hope you've enjoyed hearing about it as much as I've enjoyed sharing and reliving it. It's hard to believe it's been over a week since I've been home. I told Rebecca over breakfast this morning that I was missing Italy. All she could do was laugh!

Lin Frye
North Carolina

4 comments:

  1. This Is A Lovely Sketch !! I Must Say All The Sketches Are Amazing !!Great Post And Theme..I have statred a new website And Would Like You To Check It .Unseen Rajasthan
    for travels and tours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, Lin,and enlarged on your flickr page, the watercolor just flows...
    I have enjoyed all of your travel pictures, and can understand that you are already missing Italy.
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot here too, Miss Lin...so glad you've been able to keep posting and taking us along on your travels!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.