Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Richmond HIlls, Georgia - Lin Frye


Journal - Life is slowly getting back to normal after Hurricane Florence. There's still a lot of destruction, families displaced, homes still flooded ... Art often can help with relieving the stress and worries, and focus, for a while, on something more pleasant.

While evacuated, I spent some time with my daughter and her family, and then a few days in Savannah Georgia. There I met up with fellow evacuee and friend, Gwen. We spent a good part of one day sketching Savannah. On another day, my husband and I visited Richmond Hills - The Henry Ford Museum and JF Gregory Park for a 3 mile old rice canal walk. Here's the sketch from the day in Richmond Hills - some sketched on site, most afterwards. I may eventually add color to this page - but the sketching was a lot of fun and relieved a lot of anxiety.

Lin Frye
North Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.