Sunday, June 19, 2016

Yellowstone Sketches

I've recently returned from a long stay in Yellowstone.  I had lots of time to sketch, although I will admit I sketched this from my laptop right after I took a photo.  At the time getting the photos seemed more important than sketching.  The rest of the sketches here are done right in the field.  If you want to see more, be sure and go to my blog:
www.elvafieldnotes.blogspot.com
There is a little chipmunk in this one ....
Bison are one of my favorite animals to sketch.


6 comments:

  1. That bear is awesome. Those eyes look right into you. I can feel the snow too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, Elva...like being there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sketches, Elva! I'm heading over to your blog to check out more from your yellowstone trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your sketches Elva. These are wonderful. I have trouble switching to sketching from photography because I've been using a camera for so long. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really bring those animals to life. Your snow effect is great, too.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.