Wednesday, April 6, 2016

My Country Pond

Old Man Winter is not yet done with us up here in the northeast corner. A bitter cold roared through this fist weekend of April covering up the poor little daffodil buds and crocus ending my excitement for a bit more time. I happened to look down at our country crossroad pond and the lime in the freezing cold water made the most lovely aqua blue tones against a cloudless sky. The sun was brilliant but not felt at all. I simply had to snap a picture and return to the warm confines of my studio to paint this beloved spot. Each season passes with new colors surrounding it, air and land creatures making nests in and around it, swimming across or drinking from it ~ a center of nature indeed.

2 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful, Debra...your painting, not the cold, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see winter is still holding on. Nice painting.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.