Wednesday, June 17, 2015

WILD FLOWERS FROM NORTHERN SPAIN

 
We've just returned from our summer trip to the north coast of Spain, a beautiful area with rocky coasts and an abundance of wild flowers.  I picked a bouquet of at least 16 varieties and drew these 4 as they were the most unusual.  The yellow one on the left was on the roadside, growing about 2 to 3 feet tall with these strange flattish pods with a small orange flower coming out of the top.

 
As you can probably see I have only named 2 of them and I would love to learn the names of the other 2 so if anybody can help please let me know in the comments.  The white one here on the right grew about a foot tall in a group on it's own.  All drawn in Museum pencils in my mi-teintes sketchbook.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Especially like the background colour contrast on the top sketch.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.