Tuesday, June 30, 2015

CANDLES IN THE WOODS

 
In our part of the world one of the native wild flowers is the Navelwort, which starts growing it's round leaves with a navel in the centre early in the year.  In late spring the flowers appear and as it prefers the damp shady soil in the woods they flourish and seem to last for ages.  We see them everywhere on our walks, especially as we favour the cool places during the summer and I was reminded of candles as they glowed in the fresh greenness.  I sketched this yesterday in memory of my sister whose birthday it would have been.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, that would be lovely! You've really captured the effect...I don't think I've seen these before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with Navelwort either, but what a lovely tribute to your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful way to remember your sister.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.