Thursday, January 1, 2015

the colour of leaves

I drew these gum leaves while my relatives watched television shows. 
We had picked the leaves off the ground during the daytime on a walk.

As I drew them I became more wonderous and amazed at the colours and intricacies of nature. 

These leaves were scattered all over the ground at the park. However, they do not have the overall colour and intensity en masse to make you look at them on the ground. 

However individually they are a riot of colour.





Watercolour pencil in Moleskine watercolour sketchbook




4 comments:

  1. Alissa these are gorgeous. You captured their lovely colors so well. Have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful, Alissa...thank you for sharing the small magics with us as you so often do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and textures. I feel as though I could pick each leaf up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments. This blog is a wonderful community of nature sketchers

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.