Saturday, August 16, 2014

After the Rain - Lin Frye



Sketchbook Skool session "Seeing" has ended -- but it has been one incredible, magnificent, learning experience.  I'm still involved with the 75-day Pen challenge posted by Brenda Swensen and will continue my daily pen and wash practices.  I am learning so much and the painting block, thank HEAVENS, has been lifted.

I want to share some of my more 'successful' sketches because I'd like to encourage you to look into the classes the next time they are offered (another session coming soon).

This sketch of mushrooms was painted after all the rain we experienced ... the 'shrooms popped up EVERYWHERE on the property, and I walked around and sketched the varieties I saw ...FUN!

Lin Frye
North Carolina

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Lin! Minerva, aka CC here! Love your 'shrooms! You're doing great! I tried to find the 75 day challenge, but it says the page doesn't exist. Not sure why. LMK if there's something I'm doing wrong, or I'll just do it on my own! LOL! I've seen others post on it & it really helped them...as has SBS! Keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these mushrooms so much! The way you color them are really good!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.