Sunday, December 8, 2013

Memories of warmer days

 
I've been busy this week making my sister's birthday card.  As she loves nature as much as I do I thought I'd draw these butterflies I had photographed in the summer on a fresh sprig of ivy I picked from the garden last Sunday. I used tracings of the insects to position them over the outline of the plant before I started with my coloured pencils. I've double mounted the drawing on red card with a narrow band of lime green round the image which brings out the colour of the flowers.

2 comments:

  1. Valerie - simply beautiful...my kind of art - thank you for sharing this precious piece of art. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie, she will LOVE it. This is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.