Monday, July 15, 2013

LUBERON LAVENDER FIELDS

 
We've just returned from our summer trip to Provence where we found hot weather and lovely landscapes to sketch. We stayed on a campsite in the 'Colorado de Rustrel' an area of former ochre quarries.  The red, yellow and white rocks and cliffs were stunning to see and I was in sketching heaven! This was the view from our dining table under the tall pine and oak trees.
 
 
One afternoon I strolled out of the camp gate and up the hill a short distance and this is what I found.  The sketch can't do justice to the phenomenal red of the rocks, paths and vistas. I had to sit carefully on a plastic bag otherwise my clothes would have been red too! 
 

2 comments:

  1. What a fascinating place to be! Your sketches are vibrant with color.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.