Friday, July 5, 2013

Delphinium - Lin Frye

Delphinium by linfrye ..
Delphinium, a photo by linfrye .. on Flickr.



My 'wild' flower garden is exploding with purple coneflowers and Queen Anne's lace -- so I really love how the sweet blues of delphinium dot my garden and surprise me with a bit of cool color. Here and there I find white delphiniums too - and take their seedheads and spread them to the other side of the beds.

Since returning home, I've been plowing my way through this area of the property to wrestle it under a bit of control. Like most parts of the south, we too have had an incredibly rainy spring, and now with the summer heat and abundant moisture, you can only image the happy dance of the weeds!! Plowing my way through the thick undergrowth and finding these hidden sweeties has been a nice 'reward' for all the hard work.

Hope your July 4th was wonderful!

Lin Frye
North Carolina

1 comment:

  1. Lovely as usual Lin. I love delphiniums but it seems to be too hot for them where I live. We grow larkspur instead ("poor man's delphinium").

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.