Saturday, June 15, 2013

Song Sparrows

In the past two weeks my husband and I have made four trips to a little pond near here.  We've watched osprey fish, seen lots of dragonflies, a sapsucker, and this little song sparrow popped out of the cattails and scolded me.  Just a few feet away I caught a brief glimpse of a fledgling.

Late in the day, shadows grew long and put the far side of the pond in shadow.  The song sparrow popped up into the late afternoon sunshine and sang a brief soliloquy.

3 comments:

  1. Elva, these are wonderful! I don't pay enough attention to our "little brown birds"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured the annoyed look on its face in the first sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a wonderful time at this little pond. Wonderful sketches!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.