Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Winter in France

 
It's been a few weeks since I posted from my corner of Brittany, it's been windy, wet and cold so not a lot of outdoor sketching!
 
 
I take my walks to the beach when I can and today I found a few things to inspire me. The wild garlic plant was in the pavement growing in the crack between the boundary marker and the tarmac, these plants line the roadsides everywhere at the moment giving a bright accent to all the green and grey.
 
 
We had some amazing skies at dawn and sunset before Christmas but now it's just grey clouds and rain or snow!

2 comments:

  1. Your lichens look very much like some of the ones we have growing here. At this time of year ours are at there finest .... as yours appear to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketches Valerie. Love the lichens. Your part of the world sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.