Monday, January 7, 2013

Wild Rose Poster

This is an ink line drawing of a wild rose I did this past summer. I was camping at Carp Lake in northern Canada. I drew this in my tent while waiting out a thunder and lightening storm. There were wild roses everywhere and I had wished I'd brought my paints , seems it was their peek blooming time.

This particular Wild Rose is Rosa acicularis, one of my favourite wild flowers to collect and draw.
I  cleaned up the background and formatted the drawing into a poster in Photoshop Elements.

Also just re-launched my blog it is now www.lauraashtonartist.blogspot.com please stop by if you have a chance.



1 comment:

  1. This is lovely Laura. It looks kind of like a pattern for stitching.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.