Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Holm Oak - Quercus ilex

Leccio - Quercus ilex - watecolor on sketchbook Cartiere Magnani

I have painted this watercolour in the garden of my house near the sea, and these are the acorns of new year.


The holm oak is native of Mediterranean countries, it is a semi rustic tree.
This oak tree tolerates shade and air pollution, and so we can find it into parks and gardens.
its persistente leaves of 9 cm, though and small-sized stretched out . they are pinked, in the prickly cuts, the very bright average green because varnish for the top of leaves, downy on the underside.
Quercus ilex produces acorns green clear, than brown of 3 cm.


3 comments:

  1. This is lovely Angela. You have such a wonderful way with painting plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love how glossy the acorns look...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The natural world keeps surprising me. I have acorns in my own yard .... but our leaves are so very different. These are beautifully painted.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.