Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The first frost of the year -- Sandy Williams

I'm never really ready for that first truly cold morning of the year, when my breath seems to catch in my throat and send shivers down to my fingertips.  But it has its advantages.  The fields were covered in a thick frost and it was so lovely to walk in the early morning sun as it touched the ice and made it sparkle.  The trees near the house gave cover to the plants and they survived, although the Solomon's Seal leaves have turned pale yellow as they hover over their blue berries.

3 comments:

  1. Sandy, your post made me shiver just reading it. We haven't had frost yet in VA but my Solomon's Seals look like this, too. Here I think it's more a lack of water. Lovely pages. You've captured the wet-tissue-paper feel of the leaves beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard frost just a few nights ago here in Iowa, too. And that's what my Solomon's Seal look like. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a couple of hard frosts, too...beautiful! I love your Solomon's Seal.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.