Monday, June 18, 2012

I went to the National Zoo in Washington, D.C. last weekend and remembered why I don't like zoos. The animals looked so bored and sad. These lions were on man-made stone, not ice--I just didn't draw it very well. I had hoped to see the new baby cheetas but they weren't on display yet. The line for the pandas was about half a mile long and I decided it was just too hot to wait. So the whole experience was rather disappointing. At least I probably won't have the desire to go to the zoo again for a long time. I'll just have to be content watching the National Geographic channel on TV...and, of course, Maree's great drawings! 

2 comments:

  1. Should you ever find yourself in either New Orleans, or Colorado Springs go to one of their zoos. Natural habitats and a much more enjoyable experience than the Ntl. zoo, and the lines are rarely long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if they still have it, but Busch Gardens in Tampa had giraffes, zebras, antelope and other African animals in a natural area with cable cars that were about 10 off the ground going threw the area. It was nice to see the herds moving around naturally instead of cages or confided area. They also had 3 white tigers in a secluded area. An island that people could look down on. The waterfall drowned out the noise of the crowd and the tigers played with each other.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.