Friday, May 18, 2012

Virginia Rail, Linda C Miller



Virginia Rail
Watercolor on HP 300 lb. Paper

15 inches wide by 9 inches high
Bodie Island Lighthouse

After class at The Elizabethan Gardens this past February, my husband and I went to one of my favorite birding sites - the Bodie Island Lighthouse. There they have a wonderful boardwalk that takes you up to a two story viewing platform. We came up on this bird who was "looking for supper." I was able to take at least twenty photos and then we walked on. Once home, we looked "him" up in my field guide. It is always a joy to add a new feathered friend to my list.





Happy Painting, Linda

Linda C. Miller
Artist, Naturalist, and Instructor
Williamsburg, Virginia


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.