Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Earth Day! from Paula


Happy Earth Day everyone! Here in Virginia we're getting some much-needed rain so it's a perfect day. I couldn't resist sketching some of the blooms from my garden today. Fortunately I picked some yesterday so I don't have to sit out in the rain today to sketch them. I did this page directly with watercolor--no drawing--so it's pretty loose, but that's how the garden feels to me right now. We had a very mild winter and a very early spring. Even my red hot poker has a bloom already. And the mosquitoes are already out.

Yesterday 5 of us participated in the 35th International Sketch Crawl so I thought I'd include my sketches from that as well. They aren't OF nature but we were definitely IN nature so I hope that counts. We spent the morning at our local university and all of us agreed that we want to do that again. There was just so much to sketch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.