Thursday, March 29, 2012

Small Nature Objects

Small Nature Objects
©2012 Carolyn A Pappas, Small Nature Objects. Ink and Colored Pencil in large handbook sketchbook.

A top of an acorn, a piece of bark with some lichen, and a pussy willow that I was lucky enough to come across. Normally, I've been sketching with just ink, but this time I added some colored pencil.

I have some exciting nature sketching excursions planned over the next few months. I am going to make an effort to add color of some sort to my sketches.

It's been pretty chilly here in Massachusetts, but I am excited that it is officially spring. I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can spend some more time outdoors with my baby. She is almost five months old now.

3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful Carolyn. I love your light touch with the color. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!! Well done, I have just been getting into pen and ink as well as coloured pencil this year. I love them both and are great for sketching out in the field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I admit I've never tried watercolor out in the field. There is something about it that scares me a bit. Colored pencil seems so much more manageable for me.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.