Monday, January 9, 2012

River House

I spent Friday night with my friend at her little cottage on the river. In the late afternoon we took a walk and when we got back to the house the sun was just setting behind it and the welcoming porch light was on. I tried to capture it before it got too dark, but lost the light. Fortunately, I had taken a photo so I was able to finish it inside by the fire with a glass of wine. The tree with leaves to the left of the house is the biggest privet I've ever seen. The weather was unseasonably warm here this weekend (almost 70 degrees F on Saturday) so I spent a lot of time outside. Now the weatherman is calling for snow tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Your description pulled me right into the feeling of the setting sun and warmth of the porch light. Lovely silhouette!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.