Friday, December 23, 2011

The Starling and Christmas in Africa - Maree



A bit of fun with one of my sketches - The CAPE GLOSSY STARLING (Lamprotornis nitens) having a wonderful festive season with his friend Tweetie in my garden! (Tarlton, Gauteng, South Africa).

I’ve already bought all the presents for my garden birds : suet, peanuts, minced meat, meal worms, wild birdseed, mixed birdseed, apples, bananas, paw paw and peanut butter!

A Merry African Christmas and a stunning 2012 to all my friends here on Sketching in Nature!

8 comments:

  1. This blog is such a delight thank you and Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is marvelous, Maree, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, Maree! Merry, Merry Christmas and thank you for all your wonderful posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by Dominique and Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah, thank you so much PJ! A Merry, Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Careful, your starling looks as though he might fly off with Tweetie. I hope he if full of kindness and peace during this Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha! thanks ever so much Elva, I'll pass on the message!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.