Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blackeyed Bulbul sketch - Maree

“I know why the caged bird sings, ah me,
when his wing is bruised and his bosom sore;
when he beats his bars and he would be free,
it is not a carol of joy or glee,
but a prayer that he sends from his heart's deep core.”
- Paul Laurence Dunbar


Pencil sketch in hand-made sketchbook with Daler-Rowney Acid-free Heavy Weight 220gsm (135lbs) sketching paper - 6" x 8"

The Bulbuls were very frisky in my garden this afternoon - lots of chattering and fighting going on, I'm not sure over what, but they were decidedly upset and no matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find any reason like maybe a crow or a snake or some other stranger that they might not like in the territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.