Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Checkered Whites - Laura Gillis



This is Mr & Mrs Checkered White. The male was painted quite a while back and I just did the female. When they are fluttering around they look solid white. I thought it was interesting how much more color the male had... kind of like how the male birds are many times flashier than the females. Life is so interesting when you stop and look.

It is nice to stop and look again. It’s been a while since I have posted but I am over the hurdle of getting my sculptures ready for the Kemp Center and I even have an entry ready to go in their Mystery Art Fest.

The sculpture show has been very well received and the reception was wonderful thanks to my mom who did all the finger foods and all the people who came to visit. The show will remain on display through October 8th at the Kemp.

I am also going to take the time to get back to nature.... that is if there is any nature left after this summer of fires and drought. And, of course there will be.... the greenest grass grows in the blackened remains of a pasture and life returns in full force. I am sure looking forward to some lower temperatures soon. The weatherman says it will only be 98° on Sunday! We will see.....

Ink & watercolor

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.