Friday, July 15, 2011
* I found it at about 1000 feet elevation, Umpqua National forest, Oregon, USA. June 24, 2011.
* I found it growing in a damp, fairly moist, fairly shady location along the roadside.
* The blossom is tiny! About 1/8th inch across, five petals.
* The seed pods are round balls.
* Several stems grow from one root area, the stems tend to lie close to the ground.
* The leaves are very delicate and covered with little hairs (I’ve taped a stem with leaves and a flower onto my page).
* The stems of the leaves are flat, not round.
* The leaves near the blossoms are not symmetrical, but closer to the base of the plant they are symmetrical – the photo and my sketch show both types of leaves.