Sunday, June 12, 2011

White Petaled Cone Flower - Lin Frye

White Petaled Cone Flower by linfrye
White Petaled Cone Flower, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

After the much welcomed storm and RAIN!!! last night, I stand by my front door and look out at the sea of 'wildness' before me - coneflowers, blanket flowers, coreopsis, delphinium, spider flowers, roses, salvias, red verbena, and some whose names I've forgotten, and gaze in sheer wonder and gratitude. Few of these plants were planned and planted by my hands - the others, simply strewn in the hope of survival ... and THIS year, the flowers, bees, butterflies- all seem to have come to some kind of jubilation ...

Trying to capture THAT still eludes me ... but I suppose there is a joy (as well as frustration) in attempting to ...
Still, the peacefulness, the beauty of the moment, are gifts beyond words, beyond the sketch, beyond the paintbrush - and mostly -- of the heart.

It's supposed to be cooler today - high 80s, which, after so many days of heat indices over 100, should feel down right balmy ....

Have a great Sunday!

Lin Frye
North Carolina

4 comments:

  1. Your yard sounds incredible

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white peddled cone flower resembles what I call daisies. (I'm not an flower expert)… I just love them. They are such happy flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you -- all -- there are several different varieties of coneflowers -- I have some called 'tomato soup' that have a head of fluffy petals, the 'cone' nose, and then more petals that hang down ... The nurserymen are busy creating all new types of hybrids, even in yellow!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.